Tell us a little about yourself, where did you grow up and what it was like? I have been here in the UK for nearly three years. I got my first degree from the University of Northampton. I have grown up in a well upper-class family from the beautiful small city of Pakistan Called Mirpur azad Kashmir. The question what it was like can be answered simply with the word AMAZINGLY SUPERB (being around your parents can not be compared with anything).
What course/year are you in? I am studying MBA with placement (March 2020 starter).
What motivates you to take the course are in? The passion for learning more and more about how this country UK has rules and regulations for each and every single field. I wanted to spend some more years in the UK to bring up my inner talent/confidence due to how this country provides an independent life for everyone, especially for women.
Why did you choose to study at beds? One of my friends back home was studying in Bedfordshire, and I got inspired by how he got opportunities to work within the university. Luton is a city where I can see most of the Asian community that gives me the feeling of my home country.
If you could have any superpower, what it would be and why? (A magical stick), for helping the less fortunate, especially students that are wandering around to find the right path and right opportunities.
What are three tips you have for someone who is about to begin a course at your campus?
1) Don’t be shy to ask 100 times and use information from tutors instead of seeking help from students around you.
2) English is just a language speak and make a lot of friends.
3) Engaged with your studies as much as you can that will make you learn the system that will clear your doubts to ask for help to the right persons.
What is one thing that you would enjoy about campus? The food options
What do you hope to accomplish in your time as a campus liaison officer?
1) More confidence
2) How to communicate well with newcomers.
3) How to guide them on the right path
4) Some admin skills
5) Hope to engage more with the staff that will help my learning