FULL-TIME | PAID | BENEFITS PACKAGE (click here to view)
The President leads the work of the Exec team and represents students to the University and the wider community.
In this role, you will meet regularly with senior University management and community leaders on student and campus issues. You oversee the work of the Officer team, Chair the Trustee Board and sit on the University’s governing board.
The President shall:
- Chair meetings of the Executive Committee;
- Chair the Union’s Annual Members’ Meeting;
- Act as Chair to the Board of Trustees;
- Provide a student perspective at the University Board of Governors;
- Act as the primary Beds SU spokesperson and figurehead to members, the University and external stakeholders;
- Lead and coordinate the Executive Officer team, ensuring that duties are evenly distributed and completed as required;
- Lead on representing student views on matters relating to non-academic student wellbeing (e.g. university accommodation, housing, finance, safety);
- Work closely with the Union’s advice function to identify trends in welfare issues (such as housing and accommodation) affecting students.
VIEW FULL JOB DESCRIPTION >>
DOWNLOAD 'Full-time/Part-time Officer' NOMINATION PACK >>
NOMINATE YOURSELF >>